Laura, the Managing Partner, focuses on the prevention and resolution of labor and employment disputes through risk management advice and litigation management. Laura is personable, warm and engaging with every client. She makes it a priority to understand the unique aspects of each workplace. She focuses intently on gathering the important facts in each case in order to find the solution that is “just right.”
Laura, who grew up in Gainesville, earned her undergraduate degree from University of Florida with high honors at age 19. Admitted to The Florida Bar in 1990, she has represented clients before federal and state trial and appellate courts, administrative agencies, local government boards, special magistrates, arbitrators, and mediators. An arbitrator herself, she plays an integral role in the team’s attention to detail, in-depth analysis, and development of strategies for litigation, negotiation, and settlement. She particularly enjoys the art of discovery to best position her client for success in litigation.
One thing Laura loves about her practice is the opportunity to represent clients and causes she believes in. Whether it is day-to-day counseling, negotiating a contract, or defending a complex employment law matter, her heart is always with her client. Attuned to personalities and workplace culture, she seeks the most favorable results to best fit each client and situation.
Laura is a Fellow in the College of Labor & Employment Lawyers, which is the highest distinction in the field. She counsels and defends businesses, professionals, and highly paid executives on employment issues. In the public sector, she protects fire-rescue, police and other public employee associations.
- Fellow, College of Labor & Employment Lawyers
- Bar Register of Preeminent Attorneys – Listed Lawyer
- The Best Lawyers of America®
- AV Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Florida Super Lawyers
- Florida Trend’s Legal Elite
- University of Florida, College of Law, JD, Honors
- University of Florida, BA, High Honors
- American Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- United States District Court, Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- United States Supreme Court