Paul, the firm leader, is a problem solver dedicated to helping his clients save money and avoid litigation. He has extensive experience representing clients in virtually every aspect of labor and employment. He is a seasoned advocate in litigation and alternative dispute resolution (ADR), with more than 27 years of experience appearing before federal and state trial and appellate courts, administrative agencies, local government boards, special magistrates, arbitrators, and mediators.
Every day, he thinks, reads, writes, and argues on behalf of his clients, so they can focus on other aspects of their business. He speaks with experience and sincerity to counsel clients on successful strategies to deal with legal problems encountered in the workplace. An employer himself and an arbitrator, too, he helps each client find the best solution whether in the courtroom or through arbitration, mediation, or settlement. In litigation, he particularly enjoys deposing key witnesses, and has succeeded in many cases based simply on the information obtained in deposition.
Paul protects small businesses, national corporations, professionals, and highly paid executives on employment law issues. In the public sector, he protects fire-rescue, law enforcement, and other public servants associations, 501(c)3 benevolent organizations, and pension funds. He is also a long-term Adjunct Professor who enjoys teaching Trial Practice skills to third year law students at the University of Florida.
Paul is a Fellow in the College of Labor & Employment Lawyers, which is the highest distinction in the field. From 2008-14, Paul served on the Judicial Nominating Commission for the Eighth Judicial Circuit of Florida, in part as Chair, by appointment of the Governor and from 2014-2017, he served on The Florida Bar, Grievance Committee, in part as Chair.
- Fellow, College of Labor & Employment Lawyers
- The Best Lawyers of America®
- AV Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Florida Super Lawyers
- Florida Trend’s Legal Elite
- University of Florida, College of Law, JD
- University of Florida, BA, High Honors
- American Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- United States District Court, Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- Gainesville Country Club Board of Directors